CBD oil can be used in many different ways and the feedback from our customers shows that it has a relaxing, sleep-promoting effect. On the other hand, many also take it in the morning to energize themselves.
We've put together a recipe here to help you relax as an alternative to coffee, but wake you up over your lunchtime low.
The cocoa in the drink offers its own vitalizing benefits, mainly derived from theobromine and anandamide, which is also an agonist, i.e. co-support, the body's cannabinoid receptors. It is known as the "happiness molecule" because it is able to stimulate positive emotions in the body. While there are some controversies about the amount of actual caffeine in cocoa (it varies from plant to plant, but is generally negligible), the bean also contains theobromine, a relative of caffeine that increases attention.
So let's go to the kitchen, it's hot chocolate time! ☕️
- 200ml (vegetable) milk (e.g. almond milk)
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- Hempamed CBD Oil
- Additional flavours of choice (e.g. a dash of rose water, cayenne pepper and cinnamon for sprinkling, a pinch of cardamom...)
- Small pot
- Stir the cocoa, syrup and vanilla into the milk and heat while stirring. Don't let it boil!
- Season to taste with a pinch of sea salt.
- Take before stove and add the personal wellness dose CBD (we used 5 drops).
- Whip so that the oil bonds beautifully.
- Pour into a cup and sprinkle with cocoa or cinnamon as required and enjoy hot!