Cannabidiol ("CBD") is one of the herbal substances that currently arouse the interest of many health-conscious people as an ingredient of innovative dietary supplements and health products.
Have you already discovered this subject for yourself? Would you like to learn more about this ingredient of the hemp plant, its application and effect? Are you mainly concerned with the question of how CBD oil and CBD capsules differ from each other? Do the capsules have a different effect?
We have compiled a number of useful information for you here. Our aim is to make it easier for you to choose between capsules and oil and to help you choose the optimal form of cannabidiol.
Cannabidiol - what can you expect from this ingredient in general?
Even if you may think of cultivation bans, intoxication effects and discussions about legalizing marijuana use in the keywords hemp and cannabis, these associations with cannabidiol are unfounded. The cannabinoid tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is decisive for the intoxication effect in the hemp plant.
There are cannabis extracts that contain no or very little THC. But they contain cannabidiol, a cannabinoid that physicians and scientists find increasingly interesting.
Why cannabidiol is medically attractive
The cannabis plant has nearly 500 ingredients according to the current state of scientific knowledge. These include some 70 different cannabinoids, most of which are not intoxicating or addictive.
Even different hemp species are distinguished, which show different high contents of THC and other cannabinoids. Varieties low in THC are designated as useful or industrial hemp, they are not subject to regulation during cultivation.
If you have already dealt with cannabis and cannabidiol, you probably know that the hemp plant has a high medical and health-promoting potential since ancient times, especially in various naturopathic and complementary medical systems.
Modern western medicine has also (re)discovered these qualities of cannabis for itself. The cannabinoid cannabidiol is increasingly occupying a key position. It is used in various drugs. The ingredient has properties that make it attractive for such use:
- does not produce any noise effect.
- has no addictive potential.
- can be used in various applications such as CBD capsules or oils.
- is considered to have low side effects according to previous findings.
In addition, products containing cannabidiol such as a CBD capsule or oil are not regulated as long as their THC content remains below 0.2 percent.
Above all, however, various scientific studies raise the hope that CBD can develop potential medical effects in the areas of pain relief, inflammation inhibition, sleep promotion and the maintenance of mental balance.
In the area of dietary supplements and health products, this is not about medical statements, but you can get an idea of the direction the effects of CBD capsules and oil can take to support your health from Samuel Büechi's overview of the effectiveness of cannabidiol, for example.
But why is the substance processed both as a capsule and in the form of an oil? How do you find the right product for you and what is important for the selection in general?
CBD and its different forms of income
Herbal ingredients are extracted from plants by certain methods known as extraction. Until an ingredient can be filled into a capsule or offered as an oil mixture, the raw materials undergo an extraction process.
If the manufacturer attaches great importance to particularly high-quality extracts, very gentle processes are used in which solvents can be dispensed with. Cannabidiol is ideally dissolved under pressure with carbon dioxide gas (CO2) from the flowers and leaves of female hemp plants.
At the end there is an extract, which is free of solvent residues and is brought into different forms of application. Many CBD extracts do not require heating, which supports the purity of the substance.
Now that you're thinking about what's most important to you about a dietary supplement, you're thinking similarly to the manufacturers of these products in their next step.
You can weight the following requirements for a CBD product differently for you:
- The product should be easy to take.
- It's supposed to be as pure as possible.
- A potential effect should be felt as quickly and intensively as possible.
- You want to be able to store the product easily.
- You want to be able to transport the product without further effort.
- It should also be possible to take it easily on the go.
- The product should not present any particular challenges in terms of taste.
- The bioavailability - i.e. the absorption capacity in your organism - should be particularly high.
If you go through these points, you may already see that a CBD capsule has other benefits than hemp oil. There are also some special features of the substance CBD.
Your possibilities and advantages
You may be wondering why the ingredient is placed in a capsule and not simply offered as a pressed tablet. With one capsule you not only get pressed extract powder, but also the high-quality oily base of hemp oil, which is however encapsulated.
The biggest advantages of the capsule are to be summarized well:
- Capsules can be easily transported.
- They are pleasant and easy to consume. A little liquid will do, and they'll fit in any pocket. You can also take them with you on your travels.
- One capsule is neutral in taste, the typical taste of hemp is missing.
- The capsule can be filled with additional vital substances that further support the potential benefits of cannabidiol.
- Capsules are particularly suitable for spa applications.
- They are easy to use.
Do CBD capsules have the same effect as oil?
When taking a capsule, it must pass through your digestive tract.
The absorption of the ingredients contained in it is delayed until the capsule has dissolved in the stomach. There, the ingredients encounter an aggressive acidic environment that may cause losses of the substance. That is why cannabidiol in capsules depends very much on a sensible dosage and composition of the contents.
What is most important when buying CBD capsules?
Many manufacturers use technical additives as co-formulants in a capsule. This can hinder the absorption of the actual ingredients.
Therefore, when purchasing CBD capsules, make sure that
- these are dosed in such a way that possible losses can be absorbed in the stomach and the product can have a potential effect.
- as few fillers as possible are used, or none at all, to prevent absorption.
- CBD is used which is of the highest quality and gently extracted.
- the price-performance ratio is right in comparison with the oil (capsules will usually be somewhat cheaper).
From this point of view, capsules can be a pleasant and uncomplicated alternative to oil.
Its possibilities and strengths
If you purchase this oily product from a reputable manufacturer, you are usually purchasing a very high quality, pure cannabidiol product.
The processing step of encapsulation is omitted here, and technical fillers are not necessary. In addition, the valuable product scores with the possibility to position the contained substances drop by drop directly under the tongue.
This method of administration is called "sublingual" and leads to the fact that ingredients can pass directly into the bloodstream.
Potentially, the substance can work without the detour via the stomach and without time delay.
However, you will experience a taste that not every user will find pleasant. Unlike a capsule, the typical more or less intense taste of hemp oil unfolds directly in the mouth. This also over longer time, since you should hold the drops as long as possible under tongue.
In summary, it is these aspects in particular that speak in favour of an oily product:
- Fast and good absorption of the ingredients.
- Special product purity.
Depending on your personal preferences, the following factors may speak for CBD capsules rather than oil:
- Maybe you find the smell unpleasant.
- The application is somewhat more complex than with a capsule. You have to dose yourself drop by drop, which can be difficult.
- Dropping glass pipette bottles are not easy to transport.
- The bottles may have special storage requirements.
- The addition of further vital substances to the oily initial substance can be problematic or even impossible if the corresponding substances do not dissolve well in the oil.
- As a rule, high-quality oil is more expensive.
How to choose between CBD Oil and CBD Capsules
Still unsure if CBD capsules are the better product for you? We advise you to try both alternatives. Often some users make their first experiences with CBD capsules. They also want to wait and see whether they can tolerate the use of CBD well and whether cannabidiol promotes their well-being.
Later, many satisfied customers switch from the CBD capsule to hemp oil in order to experience the more intensive and quick absorption for themselves.
You can switch between capsule and oil formulation at any time. You can, for example, take our high-quality extract and benefit from the special advantages of this form of taking.
In long-term use, the uncomplicated CBD capsules have special advantages because they can be easily integrated into your everyday life. But maybe you also see yourself as a purist for whom a CBD capsule is out of the question.
It is a great advantage of CBD in itself that this substance can be processed both as a capsule and into hemp oil. This gives you the choice of how you want to use this promising substance.
Note: In this article we report on prescription cannabis, prescription CBD or over-the-counter or legal CBD. This Article does not make any proposal as to the possible purpose of the proposal and is for information and education purposes only. Promises of healing and benefits are excluded.